Parslows advise the Jersey post group on its investment in Parcel Monkey
Parslows is pleased to announce that it has acted for the Jersey Post Group (Jersey Post) on another cross border transaction, with the recent completion by Jersey Post of its investment in Parcel Monkey, a parcel delivery service enabler and provider. DLA Piper acted for Parcel Monkey on the transaction.Parcel Monkey specialises in four diverse, yet complementary, parcel service elements:
- A parcel delivery comparison service website whereby Parcel Monkey provides parcel services at competitive pricing for consumers based on pre-approved carriers
- A global trading platform that provides a marketplace interface through which parcel carriers can sell their services
- Outsourced warehousing, fulfilment and distribution services for online retailers
- An online service for retailers to create an ecommerce storefront including website builder, domain name and hosting
This is the latest in Jersey Post’s international acquisition and investment strategy to exploit opportunities outside the Jersey market and provides the final piece of a parcel solution portfolio – an enabling ecommerce platform that can bring together the global network and service providers into one, easy-to-access location.
In 2016, Parslows acted for Jersey Post on its acquisitions of Fraser Freight, a UK based European logistics provider and HICS, a customs clearance agent located at Heathrow.
In 2017, Parslows assisted Jersey Post with its investments in Miami based GePS, Estonian based GTS Post and Hong Kong based A2B. Parslows also acted, in 2017, for Jersey Post on its investment in HomeCall Limited – a joint venture to further develop, implement and deliver the award winning Call & Check service both in Jersey and further afield.
David Hill, Head of Corporate at Parslows International, stated:
“Having advised Jersey Post on its other recent investments we are delighted to have represented Jersey Post on its successful investment in Parcel Monkey and the continued implementation of Jersey Post’s international strategy.
The legal elements to this deal demanded expertise over a range of areas and it further reinforces and demonstrates what we, as a firm, can bring to transactions. It is an excellent example of Parslows International’s depth of legal expertise both inside and outside of Jersey.
With the recent appointment of Alexis Colfer as corporate/commercial consultant in English and Irish law and further growth plans, we look forward to continuing to provide our clients with quality, experienced and commercial legal advice, particularly in the English, Irish and Jersey jurisdictions, together with seamless cross-border services”.
If you require any further information, please contact David Hill.
- David Hill, Solicitor, acts for a wide range of clients from multinational companies to SMEs and high-net worth individuals.
- David has considerable onshore and offshore corporate and commercial experience playing a key role in some high profile corporate and M&A transactions.
- Before joining Parslows, David was managing partner at a boutique London firm and prior to that was a corporate and commercial partner at Howard Kennedy.