Like many businesses, Parslows recognises that our activities can have an impact upon the environment at various levels and that it is our responsibility to promote a proactive approach to reducing this impact.
We are committed to managing our business in an environmentally responsible manner and to minimize our impact on the environment.
Leading this journey is our Management Team.
Overall, our aims are:
- to reduce the firm’s carbon footprint
- waste less, recycle more
We ensure we monitor our use of raw materials, energy and supplies and promote environmental awareness to our clients, recommending alternatives and encouraging sustainable and ethical business models.
We always endeavour to identify and purchase environmentally preferable supplies and services for all our daily operational needs whenever this is economically feasible.
Wherever possible we strive to minimize pollution and waste, conserve energy and water, protect habitat, support renewable energy resources, buy environmentally friendly products, and encourage environmentally preferable transportation.
- we endeavour to maintain a ‘less paper’ office
- where we are required to print, the ‘waste’ paper is shredded and recycled and printer cartridges are returned for recycling
- we reuse files and document wallets and don’t commit these to storage depots
- all other waste from printing is returned for recycling, including ink cartridges, the ink itself and the cardboard
- to discourage paper waste our E-mail footer states ‘consider the environment before printing this email’
- to conserve energy, our office lights, computers and air conditioning units are switched off at night and at weekends and all of our lighting are low power LED’s
- we do not buy bottled water. We use the tap
Getting to and from the office
- on a regular basis, 80% of our work force cycles, walks or uses public transport to get to and from Parslows office at 8 Hill Street, St Helier
- our office has cycle racks/storage on site for employees who use two wheels to commute.