Print This Post
Separated Families | Advice for Holiday Arrangements Following Outbreak of COVID-19
Divorce | Private Client
Our Parslows Family Team have already provided general guidance for child arrangements and what to do about the school holidays here. However, such guidance could not have prepared any of our team and indeed any families for what the world is currently experiencing following the outbreak of COVID-19.
With Easter holidays fast approaching there is now the real possibility of self-isolation being imposed on us all. It may well have been the case that you and your ex-partner had discussed the arrangements for the children during the school holidays but you now need to consider how to deal with the impact of COVID-19.
Parslows Family Team have provided some brief points for you and your ex-partner to consider with regard to arrangements for your children.
Points to consider and to plan for now:
- If you are advised to self-isolate, do you know what this entails and how thi compares to social-distancing?
- What happens if you contract COVID-19 and have the children, who will look after them?
- What happens if your ex-partner contracts COVID-19 and has the children, who will look after them?
- What happens if both of you contract COVID-19, who will look after the children?
- Should you be considering the impact on other family members (such as elderly grandparents, or vulnerable family members) in relation to children?
- What will you do if the schools are closed with regard to work commitments?
- What would happen to the current arrangements you have in place for your children with your ex-partner, i.e. what effect could it have on contact or residence arrangements?
This is the time for a clear head – whatever your differences in the past we would urge compromise and pragmatism whatever the differences you may have with your ex-partner.
For the States of Jersey guidance on COVID-19 we would recommend that you visit: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Pages/CoronavirusBusinessAdvice.aspx
For further information and/or guidance our Family Team may be able to help. Please do not hesitate to call 630530 or email us on email@example.com
Please note that the information provided on this website is for general information purposes only and is designed to provide you with an outline of the legal services we offer. Whilst we endeavour to ensure our information is correct and useful, we make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information offered. Information on our website does not constitute legal advice and Parslows Jersey accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the information found in this website. Please consult a lawyer at Parslows Jersey in the event that you require professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of the same, is correct.