Onboarding | Legal Services
Specific verification will be provided via your Onboarding email. In general terms please ensure the photocopy of the document is a clear colour reproduction.
The ‘original’ certified ‘wet signature’ copy is required – a photocopy via email will not be.
What certification wording is acceptable?
The following wording will be acceptable for verification purposes:
I certify that I have seen the original document and the extract of this document is an accurate and true copy of the original.
Signature of certifier
Name of certifier
Who can verify identity documents?
Copy documents must be certified by a third party who is subject to professional rules of conduct. Suitable certifiers include:
• a lawyer, notary, actuary or accountant who is a member of a relevant professional body
• a member of the judiciary or a senior civil servant
• a serving police or customs officer
• an officer of an embassy, consulate or high commission of the country or territory of issue of documentary evidence of identity
• a member of the institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
• a director, officer or manager of a regulated financial services business in an equivalent jurisdiction.
Queries over identification documents?
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 44 1534 630530.