A recent case has been brought to determine whether this Jersey probate policy is absolute, or whether exceptions may be permitted. The Court has now stated that exceptions will be permitted and set out the factors which will likely be taken into account in determining whether a discharged bankrupt is suitable to be appointed as a Jersey executor (without limitation as there may be others):
- the length of time the bankruptcy continued;
- how long ago the discharge took place;
- whether there is any evidence of mal-practice leading up to the bankruptcy or during the bankruptcy;
- how much was involved.
In the case in question the Royal Court determined that it was appropriate for the discharged bankrupt in question to be appointed as executor.
For general advice, assistance or further information on Jersey Probate please do not hesitate to call 630530 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org 
For specific information on Jersey Probate please do not hesitate to call + 44 01534 630530 or email:
- for UK residents – Jersey fast track probate applications email@example.com 
- for worldwide applicants  – Jersey probate for worldwide estate applications firstname.lastname@example.org