When you are going through the breakup of a relationship, the costs of the legal side of things isn’t usually top of your list. However, they exist, and they need to be paid.
Jersey Law Society rules mean you may be able to claim Legal Aid, but remember that you may still need to pay a contribution, or even the full amount. In addition, with Legal Aid, you cannot choose your lawyer, but are allocated the next on the rota.
A far more satisfactory method is to select one of Parslows Jersey’ fixed fee divorce petitioner packages. You’ll receive top quality legal advice, from a divorce lawyer you can trust, and understand exactly how much you will be asked to pay.
Peace of mind right from the start. Parslows Jersey’ fixed fee divorce Petitioner packages cover the work involved in the divorce procedure to obtain your divorce to the decree nisi stage. The price covers your divorce petition and related documentation for uncontested divorces.
It does not cover contested divorces or resolve issues around financial relief or children. If your divorce is straightforward and uncontested, our fixed fee divorce petitioner package is a great option.
• Preparation of the divorce petition drafting
• Filing the legal documents for an uncontested divorce to decree nisi stage
• Dealing with the Family Division of the Royal Court
• Dealing with your spouse’s Advocate, as necessary
What is not included in Parslows Jersey’s fixed fee divorce Petitioner’s uncontested divorce package?
• Dealing with your divorce if it becomes contested
• Issues relating to overseas elements of the divorce
• Changes to your divorce application after it has been issued by the Royal Court
• Resolution of financial matters ancillary to the divorce
• Proceedings or correspondence relating to children
• Personally serving any documents on your husband/wife
• Tracing your spouse
• Extra applications made to the court
• Court fees, costs and or disbursements
• The fee for issuing the divorce application
• The fee for applying for decree absolute
Natalie Jenner | Partner | Divorce and Family law
For further information please do not hesitate to call 630530 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Parslows Jersey can help
The breakdown of human relationships can cause great stress, anxiety and problems. The process of separation and divorce is rarely easy.
Our aim is always to attempt to deal with divorce as painlessly as we can. While this cannot always be achieved – much depends on an individual client’s own requirements and the way in which the other party to the case proceeds – we will always attempt to seek such a course for you. We will look to solutions to solve any problems between the parties and not to add to the antagonism.
Our divorce lawyers are focused on providing you with expert advice with a truly personal service.
We advise on all aspects of family law: whether it be advice on divorce, dissolution of a partnership or financial settlements we can assist.
Our clients are pleased with our service and fees; we are confident you will be too.