Jersey Fixed fee divorce
When you are going through the breakup of a relationship, the costs of the legal side of things isn’t usually top of your list. However, they exist, and they need to be paid.
Jersey Law Society rules mean you may be able to claim Legal Aid, but remember that you may still need to pay a contribution, or even the full amount. In addition, with Legal Aid, you cannot choose your lawyer, but are allocated the next on the rota.
A far more satisfactory method is to select one of Parslows’ fixed-fee family law packages. You’ll receive top quality legal advice, from a lawyer you can trust, and understand exactly how much you will be asked to pay.
Fixed fee – Petitioner’s uncontested divorce package
Peace of mind right from the start. This service covers the work to sort out your divorce to the decree nisi stage. The price covers your divorce petition and related documentation for uncontested divorces.
It does not cover contested divorces or resolving issues around finances or children. If your divorce is straightforward and uncontested, our fixed fee package is a great option.
What is included in Parslows’ fixed fee Petitioner’s uncontested divorce package?
• Preparation of the divorce petition drafting
• Filing the legal documents for an uncontested divorce to decree nisi stage
• Dealing with the Family Division of the Royal Court
• Dealing with your spouse’s Advocate as necessary
What is not included in Parslows’ fixed fee Petitioner’s uncontested divorce package?
• Dealing with your divorce if it becomes contested
• Issues relating to overseas elements of the divorce
• Changes to your divorce application after it has been issued by the Royal Court
• Resolution of financial matters ancillary to the divorce
• Proceedings or correspondence relating to children
• Personally serving any documents on your husband/wife
• Tracing your spouse
• Extra applications made to the court
• Court fees costs and or disbursements
• The fee for issuing the divorce application
• The fee for applying for decree absolute
How Parslows can help
Parslows Divorce, dissolution and family law team provide an exceptional service to all our clients.
Our divorce lawyers are focused on providing you with expert advice with a truly personal service.
We advise on all aspects of family law: whether it be advice on divorce, dissolution of a partnership or financial settlements we can assist.
Our clients are pleased with our service and fees, we are confident you will too.
For further information please do not hesitate to call 630530 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The information and opinion expressed in this briefing does not purport to be definitive or comprehensive and are not intended to provide professional advice. For specific advice, please contact Parslows, We are not responsible for, and do not accept any responsibility or liability in connection with, the content of this document or any reliance upon it
There are additional terms and conditions to all our fixed fee packages. Make sure you read and understand those before proceeding.