United Kingdom Probate (testate) | Private Client Legal Services
For Probate Fast Track applications from the United Kingdom/ Isle of Man/ Guernsey where the deceased died testate, it is possible to use the Fast track probate method to obtain Jersey Grant of Probate.
A fast track application must be made through a Jersey agent such as Parslows Jersey.
Is Probate required?
Under Jersey law unless a Jersey estate is worth less than £10,000 at the date of death, a Jersey Grant of Probate is required to enable the personal representatives to administer the Jersey estate.
Are death duties, estate duty, inheritance tax or capital gains taxes payable in Jersey?
While there are no death duties, estate duty, inheritance tax or capital gains taxes in Jersey, stamp duty is payable.
|Value (at date of death)||Stamp duty|
|£00.00 – £10,000||Nil|
|£10,001 – £20,000||£100|
|£20,001 – £30,000||£150|
|£30,001 – £40,000||£200|
|£40,001 – £50,000||£250|
|£50,001 – £60,000||£300|
|£60,001 – £70,000||£350|
|£70,001 – £80,000||£400|
|£80,001 – £90,000||£450|
|£90,001 – £100,000||£500|
Thereafter, for each £10,000 (or part thereof) add £75.
The Probate Registrar will also levy a flat stamp duty fee on all applications. This is presently £80.
Please also note that the Royal Court Probate Department reserves the right to charge an additional sum of £75.00 for reviewing paperwork pursuant to an application.
Required documents for application
The following documents are required to make a Jersey letters of administration application:
- A court sealed and certified copy of the Will bearing the original seal and certification from the issuing court or notary to confirm that it is a true copy. An exemplification copy will usually suffice.
- A certified copy of the death certificate.
- A court sealed and certified copy of the Grant of Probate, from the deceased’s country of domicile. This must bear the original court seal and certification to confirm that it is a true copy.
- Whether the deceased left more than one Will covering assets in different jurisdictions.
- Copy correspondence from the Jersey financial institution, confirming details of the Jersey assets maintained by the deceased and the date of death value. It should be noted that all probate documentation will be retained permanently by the Probate Registrar in Jersey.
To enable us to proceed with the application we will require the following confirmations:
- That the deceased did not have any other assets or liabilities in Jersey.
- That the deceased never resided in Jersey.
- That the deceased left no other Wills or Codicils.
For general advice, assistance or further information on Jersey Probate please do not hesitate to call 630530 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org 
For specific information on Jersey Probate please do not hesitate to call + 44 01534 630530 or email:
- for UK residents – Jersey fast track probate applications email@example.com 
- for worldwide applicants  – Jersey probate for worldwide estate applications firstname.lastname@example.org