Print This Post
Probate Fast Track Application in Jersey for UK Residents | Jersey Probate lawyers | Parslows Jersey
For Probate Fast Track applications from the United Kingdom/ Isle of Man/ Guernsey where the deceased died testate, it is possible to use the Fast track probate method to obtain Jersey Grant of Probate.
A fast track application must be made through a Jersey agent such as Parslows Jersey.
Is Probate required?
Under Jersey law unless a Jersey estate is worth less than £10,000 at the date of death, a Jersey Grant of Probate is required to enable the personal representatives to administer the Jersey estate.
Are death duties, estate duty, inheritance tax or capital gains taxes payable in Jersey?
While there are no death duties, estate duty, inheritance tax or capital gains taxes in Jersey, stamp duty is payable.
|Value (at date of death)
|£00.00 – £10,000
|£10,001 – £20,000
|£20,001 – £30,000
|£30,001 – £40,000
|£40,001 – £50,000
|£50,001 – £60,000
|£60,001 – £70,000
|£70,001 – £80,000
|£80,001 – £90,000
|£90,001 – £100,000
Thereafter, for each £10,000 (or part thereof) add £75.
The Probate Registrar will also levy a flat stamp duty fee on all applications. This is presently £80.
Please also note that the Royal Court Probate Department reserves the right to charge an additional sum of £75.00 for reviewing paperwork pursuant to an application.
Required documents for application
The following documents are required to make a Jersey letters of administration application:
- A court sealed and certified copy of the Will bearing the original seal and certification from the issuing court or notary to confirm that it is a true copy. An exemplification copy will usually suffice.
- A certified copy of the death certificate.
- A court sealed and certified copy of the Grant of Probate, from the deceased’s country of domicile. This must bear the original court seal and certification to confirm that it is a true copy.
- Whether the deceased left more than one Will covering assets in different jurisdictions.
- Copy correspondence from the Jersey financial institution, confirming details of the Jersey assets maintained by the deceased and the date of death value. It should be noted that all probate documentation will be retained permanently by the Probate Registrar in Jersey.
To enable us to proceed with the application we will require the following confirmations:
- That the deceased did not have any other assets or liabilities in Jersey.
- That the deceased never resided in Jersey.
- That the deceased left no other Wills or Codicils.
Jersey Probate Lawyers
Natalie Jenner | Partner | Jersey Probate
For general advice, assistance or further information on Jersey Probate please do not hesitate to call 630530 or email us on email@example.com
For specific information on Jersey Probate please do not hesitate to call + 44 01534 630530 or email:
Parslows Jersey can help
Parslows Jersey probate lawyers provide an exceptional service to all our clients. Our probate lawyers are focused on providing you with expert advice with a truly personal service.
We advise on all aspects of probate law: whether it be advice on fast track probate or standard probate or whether you wish to challenge the estate we can assist.
Our clients are pleased with our service and fees; we are confident you will be too.
Please note that the information provided on this website is for general information purposes only and is designed to provide you with an outline of the legal services we offer. Whilst we endeavour to ensure our information is correct and useful, we make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information offered. Information on our website does not constitute legal advice and Parslows Jersey accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the information found in this website. Please consult a lawyer at Parslows Jersey in the event that you require professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of the same, is correct.